Sometimes, it’s hard to accept recognition. This is my excuse for taking a month to acknowledge weightywonder‘s thoughtful nomination of my blog for the Leibster Award. What a huge compliment! Thank you, weightywonder!
Apparently, this little award recognizes novice bloggers (that’s definitely me!) with a small following (definitely me, again!).
The rules to this award are as follows:
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated me and include the Liebster Award sticker in the post. (Thank you, weightywonder!)
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers and notify them of this in one of their posts.
- All nominated bloggers are to have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator and create 11 different questions for your nominees to answer. Or, you can repeat the same questions.
- Copy these rules into your post.
So… onto my responses to the questions that were posed to me!
- If you didn’t blog about what you blog about now, what would you blog about? Travel, possibly? I LOVE to travel, especially to Europe.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Nothing! Part of my recovery is learning to love myself as I am, practicing RADICAL ACCEPTANCE of my whole self, imperfections and all. I am learning that acceptance and approval are not the same, so that I can love myself as I am while working to become a better person. I would not want to instantaneously change anything about myself and deny myself the benefit of the growing process.
- Who is your favorite person to spend a night binge-watching movies/tv with? My amazing sister-in-law. (Love ya, Sis!)
- Do you have any pets? Tell us about them. I have one finicky cat named Pangur Ban. His name comes from a poem written in Old Irish by a monk sometime around the 9th century. Interestingly, like me, he is an incredibly picky eater. He loves taking naps in the sun, watching the animals that parade across our back patio, and catnip mice.
- What is “your song”? I don’t have one.
- What are five words that describe you? Resilient, young, growing, compassionate, introspective. I’ll throw in a sixth word – analytical.
- If you were going to dye your hair a crazy color, what color would you choose? My natural hair color is a beautiful auburn. I love it so much that I would never dye it. When it turns gray, I’m not sure if I will allow it to turn naturally or dye it back to my lovely auburn.
- What body jewelry/piercings do you have? Just a single piercing in each ear.
- If you had to watch one tv show only for the rest of your life, which would you choose? MADAM SECRETARY!!! I hope it never goes off the air!
- Socks or slippers? Fleece-lined Birkenstocks. I need the arch support.
- Who is your favorite sidekick? Robin.
My nominations for this award are…
It’s not that easy thinking up eleven novel questions, but here it goes…
- What was the best trip you ever took?
- What is your favorite room in your house?
- City mouse or country mouse?
- Who is your favorite poet?
- Do you have a scar with a good story behind it?
- If you could have any job/career/profession other than the one you are currently doing, what would it be?
- What is your idea of the perfect weekend?
- If you were an animal, what would it be?
- What is your favorite season?
- Car, truck, SUV, motorcycle, bicycle, or other?
- Tea or coffee?